SACS and GAC (Accreditation)
The McDuffie County School System is proud to be accredited as a district by AdvancED, the parent organization of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). While its member schools have long been accredited individually, the district accreditation process requires a more comprehensive look at the system's planning, instructional, governance, financial, and personnel proccess. The system was one of the first in the state to earn district accreditation, meeting this requirements in 2007 and saw this accreditation renewed during the Quality Assurance Review (QAR) visit in 2012. A QAR visit occurs every five years. Accreditation by a regional organization such as SACS and its sister agencies assures community members, parents, and post-secondary schools that students have received access to rigorous instruction, preparing them for college and career success.
Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC)
All schools in the McDuffie County School System are accredited with quality by the Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC). Each school is required to show compliance with multiple standards for instruction, personnel allocations, financial practices, and resource support. Every five years each campus is visited for a compliance review.
The McDuffie County School System will become a nationally recognized learning community where graduates succeed in college, careers, and life.
The McDuffie County School System is committed to academic excellence with a focus on rigor, relevance and relationships.
Based on our core beliefs, the McDuffie County School System commits to:
- Establishing high expectations for student performance in academics and extracurricular activities;
- Ensuring a respectful, safe, and orderly environment for students and staff;
- Exemplifying accountability through district leadership, school leadership, and effective teachers in every classroom;
- Embracing diversity and enhancing the learning environment for all students through equity and access;
- Engaging the community through value, respect, and effective communication to ensure educational excellence.